We got a dog! He was brought from Ireland to a rescue organization on the island. Apparently, they put dogs down after 5 days at the shelter in Ireland. So, we gave him a home. We don't know any history on him although he doesn't seem to have much experience being in a house....evidenced by him charging around like a clumsy, wild thing when he first got here. He was startled by the TV and cocked his head side to side looking at it.


He LOVES people and never meets a stranger and is hungry for love and affection. For some mysterious reason, he knows the sit command and is MOSTLY house broken so maybe he wasn't just roaming the streets of Dublin with a pack?
Shep came to us named Toby but the Kellys have already had a dog named Toby, so we're renaming him. The name Shep came from Annie's family dog. We liked the name because we think this dog is part german shepherd/border collie/jack russell?????? Your guess is as good as ours. And he LOVES Martin and follows him around constantly.


Shep had never seen a mirror before, so when he first saw his own image, he wet the floor. Now, he never misses a chance to check out that handsome stud in the mirror.


6 comments:
Yah for Shep! Hopefully I'll get to meet him in May. I hope he doesn't wet the floor when he sees me.
After reading this post, George is having serious abandonment issues...
I am honored to pass on my name to another worthy canine. Especially as my days on this earth are coming to a close, it warms my heart that my name will carry on into the future. May the new Shep live as well and as long (17 years!) as I have, and never forget the dog I was named after, a border collie who loved to scare James Herriot out of his skin by sneaking up behind him and barking.
Cute dog! I love that he checks out his reflection...sounds like my hubby. ;)
As a big fan of Ireland, of course I'm a big fan of an Irish dog :) what's this about Sherri coming to visit? Take me Sherri, take me! :) (ummm, is that the Sherri I know? I'd feel silly if it was someone else . . . :o)
Post a Comment